Sunday, March 30, 2008

"Your son has been hit with a javelin."

....Not the phone call you want to get from Joshua's track coach.

But that's the call we got last Monday. Luckily it was not very serious, and Joshua came home smiling that day. That is, after he went to the hospital to get the 1 inch wound in his leg (shin area) cleaned out and 3 stitches put in.



His "best friend" threw it while he was down field......which I would think would be the #1 rule that they would stress and over-stress on the very first day of practice. That's why I was so upset that I wanted to go down and shoot the coach, the kid, and any other spectators just for good mesasure. That's also why Cindy went down to handle it without me.

Luckily it turned out pretty minor. It could have hit him in the head, or the face, or the crotch, or the chest, or the gut....or a dozen worse places.




2 comments:

ok said...

Looks like it would leave quite a scar... is that to be a good thing?

I know most guys love to show how many wounds they endure over the years.... looks like you are off to a good start!

ok said...

One battle scar down!

You are off to a good start Joshua!

It will be something to boast about later in life.... guys always do.

-Salem